Ophena safety stirrups are innovative, unique, and loved all over the world. In fact, Ophena stirrups have received over 1500 five star-reviews, and both amateurs and professionals love the stylish safety stirrups. But how do Ophena stirrups work?
In this article, we will look at how our three stirrup models, Ophena S, Ophena S Pro, and Ophena A work. You will soon learn how easy and convenient (and safe) they are. Warning: you might want to purchase a pair for yourself after reading this article and taking a peek at our videos.
Ophena stirrups have received excellent reviews
From the very beginning, Ophena safety stirrups were designed to provide equestrians with stylish and visually pleasing stirrups with safety features at the forefront. The main objective was to create safety stirrups that would minimize the risk of a serious injury and maximize the rider's safety.
Although our journey only started out with one stirrup model, Ophena S, today we have three different stirrup models that you will get to familiarize yourself with by reading on.
So, if you are thinking to yourself "how do Ophena stirrups work" look no further. We will explain this in detail below.
Ophena S and Ophena S Pro
Ophena S and Ophena S Pro are our magnetic safety stirrups. They both work the same way, although there is a difference in their features. Both of these stirrups are best suited for showjumpers, as magnetic safety stirrups are not currently allowed at dressage shows.
First, let's look at the features of our magnetic safety stirrups.
- Open design that allows the rider's foot to release
- Magnetic connection between the stirrup and the magnetic insole
- Smart Attach™ -system for easier attachment and detachment of stirrups
- Excellent grip (improved grip with Ophena S Pro)
Ophena magnetic safety stirrups are easy to use. First, you will slide your magnetic insole into your boot. Then, you will need to attach your stirrups to your saddle.
In the video below, you will see exactly how to do it:
After you have attached your stirrups, you are ready to go for a ride! The next steps are the fun part.
This is how Ophena's magnetic safety stirrups work and how easily you can get started.
Ophena S and Ophena S Pro: the benefits
Ophena S and Ophena S Pro have excellent benefits that make the stirrups so desired in the equestrian field.
- The open design allows the rider's foot to release easier in case of an accident
- The magnetic connection prevents your foot from slipping out of the stirrups, and decreases the chance of losing your stirrup during the ride
- Can improve leg position
- Can improve balance and posture
- Can decrease ankle, knee, and hip pain
Ophena A - the safety stirrup
Ophena A is our safety stirrup without magnets. This makes Ophena A suitable for all disciplines. Although this stirrup does not feature a magnetic connection, we have still developed patent-pending technology that you will not see elsewhere.
Our Ophena A stirrups feature The Twister: a silicone piece that anchors at two points and releases in all directions when pressure is applied. Compared to the two other stirrups, Ophena A also has improved integrated dampening that allows for better shock absorption.
Let's look at the features:
- The Twister: patent-pending safety technology
- Excellent grip
- Integrated dampening
- Suitable for all disciplines
- Easy attachment and detachment
Here is how our Ophena A works:
In order to get started with Ophena A, all you need to do is attach it to your stirrup leathers and you are ready to go.
Ophena A - the benefits
The benefits of Ophena A differ from the other two just a tad.
- Excellent safety mechanism that allows the foot to release from the stirrup in case of an accident
- Excellent grip (similar grip-design to the Ophena S Pro)
- Integrated dampening allows for better shock absorption, decreasing possible knee and ankle pain
- Easy to attach and detach from stirrup leathers
Ready to buy yours? Get them at Ophena.com
You can get your own Ophena stirrups only at Ophena.com. All you need to do is to add your desired stirrup model to the cart, choose your color, and add your shipping details. (For Ophena S and Ophena S Pro, you will also need to choose your insole size.)
All Ophena stirrups have a 60-day money-back guarantee: that's how sure we are that you will love your new stirrups!
Also, remember to check out our Ophena Evolution saddle pad.