Ophena is a Swedish safety stirrup designer and manufacturer that currently has three popular safety stirrup models. Our stirrups have gained incredible popularity all over the world because they feature unique safety technology and are pleasing on the eye.
All of our three safety stirrup models are highly rated and reviewed, and many customers have reported to have experienced better balance, posture, improved leg position, and decreased pain.
In this article, we will look at the three safety stirrup models and give tips on how you can choose the best stirrup model for you.
Ophena safety stirrup models briefly
Ophena's shop includes three safety stirrup models: Ophena S, Ophena S Pro, and Ophena A.
- Ophena S and Ophena S Pro are magnetic safety stirrups
- Ophena A is a non-magnetic safety stirrup
Our magnetic safety stirrup models feature a fully open design, a magnetic connection, excellent grip, and a Smart Attach™-system for easier attachment and removal of stirrup leathers.
Ophena A is our non-magnetic safety stirrup featuring The Twister, a safety system pending patent approval.
We will look at the models more closely below.
Ophena S and Ophena S Pro
Ophena S and Ophena S Pro are magnetic safety stirrups with an open design. The open outer side allows the rider's foot to release easier in case of an accident, decreasing the risk of a serious injury during a fall.
The magnetic safety stirrups have a magnetic connection that pulls towards the counterpart in the magnetic insoles in the rider's boot. This keeps the rider's foot in place and decreases the risk of losing the stirrup during a ride. Because the magnetic connection always places the rider's foot in the correct spot, many riders have reported improved balance and posture, decreased join and knee pain, and increased confidence and focus.
The magnetic safety stirrups are made with stainless steel and they have excellent treading.
Ophena S and Ophena S Pro can be used in showjumping competitions and they are approved by the FEI.
In the video below, you can see how Ophena magnetic safety stirrups work in practice:
Ophena A is our newest safety stirrup model and it does not have a magnetic connection. This safety stirrup includes a silicone piece that closes off the outer side and is anchored at two attachment points. It releases in all directions when pressure is applied, increasing safety and decreasing the risk of a serious injury during a fall.
In the video below, you will see how Ophena A works:
Ophena S vs Ophena S Pro
Ophena S and Ophena S Pro are both magnetic safety stirrups with an open design and excellent treading. They both are approved for showjumping shows and they come in silver and black.
However, they do have a couple of significant differences.
- Ophena S is made with medium-friction tread whereas Ophena S Pro is made with high-friction
- Ophena S tread material is made with fibre-reinforced polycarbonate whereas Ophena S Pro tread material is made with high-grade stainless steel
Ophena S Pro is a wonderful choice for anyone looking to get an even better grip. For instance, eventers who ride in any kind of weather might love an improved grip.
Magnetic safety stirrups vs Ophena A
Our two magnetic safety stirrup models are very different from Ophena A. First, Ophena A does not have a magnetic connection and it is suitable for all disciplines, dressage included. It is also allowed at all shows from dressage to showjumping and eventing.
Ophena A also does not have an open design, but the outer side is closed off with a silicone piece that releases in all directions when pressure is applied.
Other notable differences are, for instance, the following:
- Ophena A is made with aluminum whereas Ophena S/Ophena S Pro are made with stainless steel
- Ophena A has an angled attachment system for stirrup leathers whereas the magnetic stirrups feature our Smart Attach™-system
- Ophena A weighs about 460 grams whereas Ophena S/Ophena S Pro weigh 650 grams
Which stirrup model should I choose?
All of our magnetic safety stirrup models are highly rated and both amateurs and professionals alike love our stirrups, so it is no wonder choosing one of them can be challenging.
When you are choosing one of our safety stirrup models for yourself, you should consider the following:
- What is your main discipline? Ophena A is suitable for all whereas Ophena S and Ophena S Pro are best for showjumping
- Do you prefer a magnetic safety stirrup or a regular one?
- Are you looking for improved grip?
- Are you planning to do shows?
- Which features are the most important ones for you?
What do the stirrup reviews say?
Before buying your own safety stirrups, you should take a peek at stirrup reviews. Our most popular stirrup model, Ophena S, has already received over 1,500 five-star reviews from our happy customers.
Below, we have complied some of the most common comments from our customers:
- Improved balance and posture
- Improved leg position
- Decreased knee and joint pain
- Increased safety
- Improved concentration and focus
Get yours at Ophena.com
Our safety stirrups are only available at Ophena.com. You can buy your own safety stirrups on our website with a few simple steps.
- Choose your favorite safety stirrup model: Ophena S, Ophena S Pro or Ophena A
- Choose the color: black or silver
- Choose the size of your insoles if you chose magnetic safety stirrups
- Fill in your details
Your new stirrups will ship fast and you'll get to try them out in no time. As a cherry on top, we also offer a 60-day money-back guarantee - no questions asked!
On a budget? You can join our wait list for B-stock products. All of our B-stock products are fully functional with some aesthetic imperfections, and they are all discounted by 20 %! Product availability varies, so get in touch with us and inquire about B-stock availability for your desired product.
If you have any questions, get in touch with us! And remember to follow us on Instagram.